This one is a big hit with the kids. The zucchini blends in well with the pasta so they don't realize they're eating it. It's also a great one to have the kids help with, since most of the prep is done with a vegetable peeler.
The sauce is nice and light, and it makes a great summer dish when the zucchini is plentiful. I've made a few changes to the original, adding more vegetables. If you find it too much for you, you can cut back on the zucchini and carrot.
1 box uncooked Fettuccine
2 medium zucchini
1/2 stick butter
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 Tbsp. dried parsley (or 1/4 c. fresh)
1 c. chicken stock
1 1/4 c. milk
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
salt & pepper
crumbled feta cheese
1. Cook pasta according to directions.
2. Cut onion into long, thin slivers.
3. Peel carrot & zucchini; then, using the vegetable peeler, peel the flesh of the vegetables into long, thin shreds. Keep vegetables separate.
4. Melt butter in large skillet over med-high heat. Add onion, cook for about 5 min, stirring occasionally. Add carrot shreds and cook for another 3-4 minutes, stirring once or twice.
Add zucchini, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, parsley and broth. Simmer at medium heat 5 min.
5. In small bowl or cup, combine milk and cornstarch. Pour into skillet, mixing well. Cook a few more minutes until thick. Add more broth if it gets too thick.
6. Add pasta and toss together with salt & pepper to taste.
7. Serve sprinkled with feta cheese.
source: Family Feasts for $75 a Week