Sunday, January 2, 2011

Waffles

I generally don't believe in buying pancake/waffle/bread mixes.  (The exception being the occasional box of Bisquick.) This began for me a few years ago when I had over 200 lbs of flour to rotate and use.  I began making rolls, breads, and especially waffles and pancakes from scratch.  Once I got the recipe down, I found that it didn't really take more than about 1 minute longer than using a mix.

We started 2011 with a breakfast of waffles.  Whenever we have them, my family says, "Oh, how waffle!"  Yes, it's cheesy, but that's my family for you.

Waffles
2 eggs
2 c. all-purpose or whole wheat flour  (I will often use 1 c of each)
1 3/4 c. milk
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 Tbsp packed brown sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt

1.  Preheat waffle iron
2.  Beat eggs with whisk.  Add other ingredients and beat with whisk until smooth.
3.  Ladle into waffle iron and cook according to your waffle iron's instructions.




source:  Betty Crocker's Cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment