Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to my cookbook blog!

I've been wanting to compile all of the recipes I use regularly, so that I have them all in one place.  Then I figured, what better way then to start a blog?  I can compile all of my recipes, one at a time, and share them with my friends as well.

My recipes are NOT fancy.  They are generally family-style, simple ingredient, easy to make foods.  It's not all casseroles and chicken, but you'll find those here too.

Whenever possible, I'll try to cite the source of the recipes, but more often then not they just some from friends and family...aren't those the best kind?

Since I'm cooking for 4 children a lot of my recipes are kid friendly, but not all of them.  I don't cook for the kids, I cook for my husband and I and if the kids want to eat it, fine.  If not, there is another meal in a few hours!

I'll also try to add pictures, but I warn you, I'm not much of a photographer.

I won't be posting everyday, just when I have made something yummy.

Thanks for visiting Not Leftovers Again!

2 comments:

  1. Funny-- I'm working on a cooking project for 2011, too. I've sent requests to family members (my siblings, aunts, uncles, etc.) for them to send me recipes so that I can compile them in one place-- "heirloom" family recipes, along with everyday family favorites. I'm trying to figure out what my final format will be so that I can have it myself for easy reference, and so that various family members can have it, too (website or blog? hardback or spiral-bound cookbook? printed sheets to go in a binder? etc.) Right now I'm just in the collecting phase.

    Anyway, good luck with your new blog. I've added it to my google reader. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I bet there are plenty of people wondering what took you so long. Couldn't be because of my grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete