While it doesn't require a springform pan per se, you may want to use one because the filling is really too much for a standard size pie pan.
Lemon Velvet Cream Pie
1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
5 Tbsp. sugar
1/3 c. butter, melted
1 tsp. unflavored gelatin
2 Tbsp. cold water
6 egg yolks
1 1/2 14-oz. cans sweetened condensed milk (2 cups)
1/4 c. whipping cream
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 c. lemon juice
1 c. heavy whipping cream
1/4 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Crust: Combine all ingredients and press against sides and bottom of springform pan. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl soften gelatin in water 5 minutes. Heat in microwave for 14 seconds; set aside.
3. In large bowl combine egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk. With an electric mixer, beat on high speed for 2 to 3 minutes until well combined.
4. Beat in gelatin, whipping cream and salt on low speed. Add lemon juice and beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Pour into prepared crust.
5. Bake at 375 for 22 to 25 minutes or until center of pie looks set when gently shaken; cool on wire rack 1 hour. Cover loosely and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
6. Topping: Place the heavy cream in a chilled mixing bowl. Whip until the whisk begins to leave tracks in the bowl. Add the sugar and vanilla and whip until the cream holds a medium peak. Spread on top of pie.
|Lemon Velvet Cream Pie|