Last night was pizza night and movie night in our house. My kids love helping to make the crust, shred the cheese, and put on the toppings.
This is a good, quick, basic crust. I prefer to make it in the food processor, but you can also make it by hand if you wish.
Quick Pizza Dough
2-2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 package (2 1/4) tsp. fast acting yeast
2/3 c. hot water
1/2 tsp. sugar
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt.
For the food processor:
1. Combine 3/4 c. flour, yeast and sugar in processor. With motor running, add hot water then turn the motor off.
2. Add oil, 1 1/4 c. flour and salt. Process until it forms a ball. If it is too wet, add a tsp. more water at a time, or if it is too dry do the same with the flour.
3. Process for 15 seconds more.
1. Whisk together 3/4 c. flour, yeast, sugar, and hot water.
2. Stir in oil, 1 1/4 c. flour, and salt and blend until it forms dough.
3. Knead on floured surface, incorporating the last 1/4 c. flour as necessary to prevent sticking. Continue to knead for 5-10 minutes until elastic and smooth.
5. Put dough in an oiled bowl and turn to coat. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.*
6. Punch down and roll out onto pizza pan.
7. Prepare and bake as you would any pizza. **
*You may use the dough without letting it rise first if you are really in a hurry, but the rising improves the flavor.
**I like to pre-bake mine at 400 degrees for a few minutes before adding the toppings.