Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Chili 5-Way

I don't know about you, but I can't make a small pot of chili.  So unless I'm feeding a large group there will invariably  be leftovers.  One way of using it up is recreating this dish from Steak n' Shake. I never eat it with the chopped onions, so I should probably call it Chili 4-way.

Chili 5-Way

1 lb. spaghetti
3 c. prepared chili
1/2 c. ketchup
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 c. colby/jack cheese (cheddar will work well too)
1 onion, chopped
grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
oyster crackers or crumbled saltines

1.  Prepare spaghetti according to package directions.  Drain.
2.  Combine ketchup and worchestershire sauce.  This makes the chili sauce.
3.  To prepare each serving, top spaghetti with 1/2-3/4 c. chili, drizzle chili sauce around chili.  Top with shredded cheese, onions, crackers and Parmesan cheese,  Serve.


source:  Steak n' Shake

No comments:

Post a Comment