Monday, January 3, 2011

Easy Cheesy Chicken Bake

I pretty much had to throw dinner together last night.  I hadn't really planned anything and as dinnertime approached I racked my brain (and my pantry) to come up with something.  I found a box of stuffing and remembered this yummy recipe which I had all the ingredients for..with a few modifications:
I had chicken breasts, but they were frozen and I didn't want to take the time to thaw them, so I used some canned chicken instead.  I also had chopped broccoli instead of florets, which worked out great because it was easier for the 13 month old to eat.  He LOVED it by the way.

My family isn't big on rice so this is also a nice change of pace from the more traditional chicken/broccoli casserole.



Easy Cheesy Chicken Bake

1 pkg. stuffing mix (6 oz.)
1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 pkg. frozen broccoli florets, thawed and drained (I've used fresh broccoli as well)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 c. milk
1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese

1.  Preheat oven to 400.
2.  Prepare stuffing as directed on the package.
3.  Place chicken and broccoli in 9x13 pan.
4.  In a small bowl, combine soup & milk, stir into pan of chicken & broccoli.
5.  Sprinkle with cheese, top with stuffing.
6.  Bake 30 min or until chicken is done and casserole is heated throughout.


source:   Kraft Food & Family Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment