Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Beef Pot Pie

I started doing this many years ago as a way to use up leftover pot roast.  It's great comfort food, and an easy meal to prepare.

Beef Pot Pie

2 c. leftover roast beef cut into chunks
2 c. leftover cooked vegetables (potatoes, carrots, onions, peas, corn, whatever you like)
1 c. prepared beef gravy
2  pie crusts, prepared

1.  Roll out one pie crust and place in pie plate.
2.  Fill pie with beef chunks and vegetables.
3.  Pour gravy over beef and vegetables.
4.  Place 2nd pie crust over the top and seal and crimp edges as you would any pie.  Slice into the top to vent.
5.  Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes until nicely browned on top and heated through.

Before laying on the top crust.  I meant to add peas, but unbeknownst to me, my husband ate them for lunch!


Finished pie.  (I'm playing with light settings on my camera.  Haven't found the right one for my kitchen yet!


source:  none

No comments:

Post a Comment