My friend with whom this recipe originated calls this Chicken Tetrazzini. While it meets some of the criteria for a tetrazzini, ("chicken prepared in a cream sauce with mushrooms and served over pasta; usually topped with cheese") it's probably more descriptive to call it Creamy Italian Chicken.
You could certainly add mushrooms to this recipe (making it more tetrazzini-like), but honestly I haven't tried it. The kids like it just fine as it is, and I'm afraid adding mushrooms may result in a mutiny.
Creamy Italian Chicken
8 oz. cream cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pkg. Italian dressing mix
1/2 c. water
2-4 pieces of boneless, skinless chicken
1 lb. angel hair pasta, prepared
1. Place chicken in slow cooker.
2. Cover chicken with Italian seasoning and water.
3. Combine soup and cheese in a med. saucepan.
4. Warm over med. heat until cheese is melted and blended with soup.
5. Pour over chicken, cover, and cook for 4 hours on high.
6. Serve over angel hair pasta.
source: Clarissa G.