Friday, February 25, 2011

Lemon Garlic Chicken

I had this ready in the crock pot when my husband got home last night.  He had dinner with the kids while I was out running errands.  He texted me while I was out to say "This chicken has my seal of approval."  That's his way of saying he really liked it!

What I like best about this recipe is that it includes only ingredients that I pretty much always have on hand.  We like it served with rice or noodles and a side of steamed vegetables. The leftovers make a great addition to a salad the next day.

Lemon Garlic Chicken

1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 lbs. boneless-skinless chicken breast halves
2 Tbsp. butter
1/4 c. water
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. chicken bouillon granules (I used chicken soup base, since I had some on hand)
1 tsp. minced fresh parsley (I only had dried, so I used it, but added it at the beginning.)

1.  Combine oregano, salt, and pepper.  Rub all of the mixture onto the chicken.
2.  Brown chicken in butter in skillet.  Transfer to slow cooker.
3.  Place water, lemon juice, garlic, and bouillon in skillet.  Bring to a boil, loosening browned bits from skillet.  Pour over chicken.
4.  Cover.  Cook on high 2-2 1/2 hours or Low 4-5 hours.  Add fresh parsley and baste chicken.  Cook on high 15-30 minutes.  Serve.
I didn't get a good shot of it the night we made it, but here it is on my salad the next day.  Yum!
Source:  Erin P.

No comments:

Post a Comment