Friday, August 26, 2011

Creamy Chicken Taquitos

I made these breakfast taquitos a few weeks ago, and they were so good that I had to go back to Our Best Bites for more.  I used more of my leftover Cafe Rio Chicken to make these (that recipe makes a ton!) which gave an added depth of flavor.  I also used red salsa instead of the green called for at OBB, because that's what I had around, and it was great.  I paired this with the same Chipotle-Lime Dipping Sauce that I used for the breakfast taquitos which fit perfectly.

Creamy Chicken Taquitos
1 dozen-ish 6 inch tortillas
2 c. shredded chicken
3 oz. cream cheese
1/4 c. salsa
1 Tbsp. lime juice
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
3 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
2 Tbsp. chopped green onions
1 c. shredded Monterrey Jack and Pepper Jack cheese
kosher salt

1.  Warm cream cheese in the microwave for 20-30 seconds so it's easy to mix.  Add salsa, lime, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder.  Stir to combine.
2. Add cilantro, green onions, chicken and cheese and combine.
3.  Warm tortillas slightly in the microwave so they are easier to work with.  Place 2-3 Tbsp. of chicken mix into each tortilla and roll up.
4.  Place them on a foil lined baking sheet with the seam side down.  Spray with cooking spray and then sprinkle with salt.
5.  Bake at 425 for 15 minutes.
serve with sour cream, salsa, guacamole or dipping sauce.
before rolling. 
source: Our Best Bites

No comments:

Post a Comment