Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Herb Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters

I really like getting meat on sale.  I frequently find chicken leg quarters for as low as $0.29/lb, usually sold in a 10 lb. bag.  The question is, what to do with them?  My original plan included a crock pot, but mine cracked so I went to plan B, which will probably turn into plan A because it turned out really, really well.
First of all, if you do get the 10 lb. bag, be sure to divide them up into meal portions and freeze what you aren't going to use individually.  (I usually find about 15 of them in a bag.) For my family of 6, I divided them up into 2 meals which included leftovers.  Otherwise you end up with a huge ball of frozen together chicken that you have to use all at once.

Herb Roasted Chicken Quarters

1 tsp. rosemary
1 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
8 chicken leg quarters
1 c. chicken stock

1.  Rinse and pat dry the chicken leg quarters. Do not remove skin. Combine rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper.  Sprinkle liberally over chicken.
2.  Place chicken in 2 9x13 pans (4 per pan).  Pour 1/2 c. chicken stock in the bottom of each pan to just cover the bottom of the pan.
3.  Roast in a 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes or until juices run clear.  Allow to rest a few minutes before serving.

source: cbsop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment