Saturday, March 12, 2011

Jumbo Stuffed Shells

I adore stuffed pastas, but I don't make them very often because of the work involved.  This recipe is actually fairly easy.  The shells are much easier to stuff than a manicotti or ravioli.
I made my own sauce, and I used ricotta instead of cottage cheese this time because that's what I had on hand.  I also couldn't find my oregano & parsley (it's buried somewhere in the pantry) so I used Italian seasoning instead.
If you find you don't get enough filling, feel free to double the cheeses.

Jumbo Stuffed Shells

12 dried jumbo pasta shells  (I add a few more for my family of 6)
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 c. small curd cottage cheese
1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp. parsley flakes
1/2 tsp. oregano
1 jar spaghetti sauce (or make your own)

1.  Cook shells according to directions. Drain and let dry a bit on greased foil.
2.  Stir egg, chesses, parsley and oregano together.  Stuff each shell with a spoonful of filling.
3.  Place shells in a 2qt. casserole dish, and top with spaghetti sauce.
4.  Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.  Remove foil, and bake another 15 minutes.  Serve.

source:  Erin P.

No comments:

Post a Comment