Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Surprise Sausage Pancake Muffins

I found these on pinterest originally.  They were on a stick.  I saw no need for the stick since they would be yet another tool which my kids would use to poke each other, so I dispensed with it and presented them as a muffin.  The kids went wild for them, and ate them up before I could tell them that they could dip them in syrup too (so I kept that part quiet).  They are now a family favorite for on-the-go breakfasts.
I make a double batch at the beginning of the week and the kids can pull them out of the fridge as needed and microwave for 20-30 seconds.  So easy.

Surprise Sausage Pancake Muffins

2 cups (1 batch) of prepared pancake batter  (I like to use this one)
6 cooked sausage links (thawed, not still frozen, if using pre-cooked frozen sausages)
This is the Aldi brand of links that I like to use because they are pre-cooked and I can heat  them up in 1 minute.
1. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray.  Using a medium cookie scoop or small measuring cup, divide batter between 12 cups.
2.  Slice sausage links in half.  Place half of each link in a muffin tin, rolling it slightly to cover it with batter.  Don't worry if it isn't 100% covered, the batter will puff up enough to cover it.
3.  Bake in a preheated oven at 350 for about 15 minutes.  Let cool a few minutes before removing from pan.  Enjoy as-is or dip in maple syrup.  Makes one dozen muffins.
Clearly the back of my stove is hotter than the front.
source:  Weelicious via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment