I found this recipe on Pinterest. It was one of the very first things I pinned. I loved it's simplicity and clean flavors. The problem was, the recipe was for 2. I have 6. Simply multiplying the ingredients didn't work quite right, so it took some trial and error, but now we have it worked out.
This is also one of my fastest pasta recipes short of just dumping a jar of sauce on it.
Don't skip the step about the pasta water. It will look kind of wet & runny when you first put it in, but it will absorb into the pasta & sauce as you toss it.
The pine nuts I would say are totally optional. The 6 year old doesn't care for them but the 10 and 4 year olds love them so I keep them in.
Lemon Garlic Spaghetti
1 lb. spaghetti
1/2 c. olive oil
2/3 c. grated parmesean cheese
1/2 c. lemon juice
2 tsp. minced garlic
2 Tbsp. fresh chopped basil
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 c. toasted pine nuts (optional)
1. Prepare spaghetti according to directions (Boil for about 8 minutes). Reserve 1 c. pasta water.
2. In small pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until lightly browned, a few minutes.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together garlic oil, lemon juice, and cheese.
4. Pour the mixture over the hot pasta and toss with a little pasta water, adding about 1/4 c. at a time to moisten.
5. Toss in pine nuts, basil, and salt & pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
source: inomthings.com via pinterest