Okay, gourmet food it isn't, but my family really likes it. My husband doesn't normally like macaroni and cheese, but this version, dressed up with taco meat and salsa, makes for a yummy, kid-friendly, quick meal which he also enjoys. Especially if, like me, you cook your taco meat up ahead of time.
1 box macaroni & cheese dinner
1 lb. ground beef
1 pkg. taco seasoning
3/4 c. sour cream
1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 c. salsa
1. Prepare mac & cheese according to directions on box. Once completed, stir in sour cream.
2. Meanwhile, brown ground beef, add taco seasoning according to directions.
3. Spray 2 qt baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon in 1/2 of mac & cheese mixture. Top with meat, 1 c. shredded cheese and remaining mac & cheese.
4. Cover and bake 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
5. Top with salsa and remaining cheese and bake uncovered fore 5 more minutes.
source: Kraft Food & Family