Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sweet Broccoli Salad

A few years ago we used to have regular gatherings at my friend Tara's house.  Another friend, Davita, brought this salad a few times and every time I couldn't get enough of it.  She was nice enough to share this recipe with me, and now it has become a favorite recipe for potlucks and get-togethers.
By the way, I've stopped apologizing for not having pictures.  Sometimes these meals have to get prepared and then we are out the door for the next activity.  For instance, when I made this salad I had exactly 10 minutes to make it, change clothes, put on makeup, use the restroom, get shoes on the kids and drive to the church before our activity began.  So yeah, no time for pictures.

Sweet Broccoli Salad

4 c. chopped broccoli (washed)
1 lb. bacon, cooked and chopped
1/4 c. shelled sunflower seeds
2 T. red onion, diced
3/4 c. raisins (I actually like to use craisins)

Dressing:
1 c. mayonnaise
1/4 c. white vinegar
1/4 c. sugar

1.  Mix mayo, vinegar, and sugar to make dressing in small bowl.
2.  Combine broccoli, bacon, sunflower seeds, onion, and raisins in large bowl.  Pour dressing over the top and mix well.

source:  Davita M.

No comments:

Post a Comment