Thursday, June 16, 2011

Apricot Chicken

My sister first made me this delicious dish when we visited them in Utah.  I asked her for the recipe so many times that she eventually started sending out her recipes as Christmas gifts.  An idea which I copied several times!
Sometimes this recipe includes curry, but as I've mentioned before, my husband hates curry, so it isn't in our version.

Apricot Chicken

2 cut up frying chickens (or 8 chicken breasts)
8 oz. Russian salad dressing
1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
1 c. apricot jam

1. Spray and oblong pan with cooking spray and place chicken in it.
2.  Combine dressing, onion soup mix, and jam.  Pour over chicken.
3.  Bake at 350 for 45 min- 1 hour or until chicken is done.
Serve with rice or garlic mashed potatoes

source: Erin P.

No comments:

Post a Comment