Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Lima Beans/Butter Beans

I'm not really sure what the difference between butter beans and lima beans is. I'm sure a bona-fide southerner could say.  Anyway, I came into possession of a frozen pound of these babies, and was told they were butter beans.  Having no idea what to do with them, I scoured the internet and came across this recipe.  When my husband out of the blue told me last night, "Hey, those beans were really good!"  I knew I had a hit.

Lima Beans/Butter Beans

1 pkg. frozen lima beans
1 c. water
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley or 2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. salt

1.  Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cook covered, over a medium heat, stirring occasionally about 15-20 minutes.
If desired, drizzle with a little more olive oil before serving

source:  Orangette

No comments:

Post a Comment