Monday, July 25, 2011

Bean Chip Dip

I first had this recipe at a baby shower.  Come to think of it, it might have been my baby shower!  My friend Kathy brought it and everybody raved about it.  I was hoping to have similar luck in bringing it to a Pioneer Day picnic this weekend.  It was over 100 degrees, and I thought that this yummy cool dip would be a good idea.  At the end of the picnic, there was still quite a bit of it left, so I wondered if I had done something wrong and no one liked it.  When I went to pick it up off of the table I  had 3 different people ask me for the recipe, so I guess I did alright!
It's technically a dip, eaten best with Tostitos Scoops, but it's consistency is more of a salsa, or even a bean salad.

Bean Chip Dip

2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
1 can white corn, drained
1 bunch green onions, chopped
3 avocados, chopped
4 roma tomatoes, chopped
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 pkg. Good Seasons Italian dressing mix
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/4 c. white vinegar
3 Tbsp. water

1.  Combine beans, corn, onions, tomatoes, avocados, and cilantro in a large bowl.
2.  In small bowl, vigorously stir together oil, vinegar, water and seasoning packet.  Pour (to taste) over ingredients in large bowl and toss together.
Serve cold with tortilla chips

source:  Kathy A.

No comments:

Post a Comment